Fiona Cassidy

Fiona Cassidy
Author, Mother, Thirty Something...

Wednesday 5 January 2011

And I'm lovin' Angels instead....


This is a photo of my mantlepiece and as you can see I am more than a little fond of collecting angels, fairies and all things pretty (and scented if you include my Glade candle.) I have always loved angels but in the past few years have become even more attached to them probably as I had a miscarriage in February 2009 and in order to remember my wee baby I bought a chain and an angel pendant which I never remove.

Not everyone believes in angels which is something that I understand and respect and I would never try to shove my theories down anyone else's throat but I do think that it is very comforting to think that there are higher powers out there who help and carry us when times get tough (their arms must be tired luggin' me around everywhere I can tell you!) It is said that everyone has a guardian angel and when I ponder on everything I've been through in my life to date I do think that someone has definitely been watching over me and guiding me! I could, of course, take the attitude that perhaps they weren't doing their job as well as they could have but as I'm a positive person I'd rather believe that they got me through the worst of it whilst allowing me to learn some valuable life lessons in the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment