Fiona Cassidy

Fiona Cassidy
Author, Mother, Thirty Something...

Sunday 23 January 2011

Friends....

There is a well known saying in life that states that 'a friend in need is a friend indeed'....unfortunately, however, not everyone agrees and if someone's in trouble or feeling down and lonely they'd rather deal with their own feelings of discomfort than try to offer any support therefore how lucky am I to have the best bunch of mates in the world...ever...who literally rally around me in times of need!

Times have been tough lately between ill health, problems of a personal nature and life in general just being crap (I could use a variety of stronger words believe me but I'll refrain cos I'm a writer and supposed to have a repetoire of 'proper' words.) Of course stupid cars that don't work, laptops that nosedive off seats all by themselves (according to the mad four year old)resulting in broken screens and spiralling out of control blood sugars don't help! However I'm lucky...my friends, like my man and my wonderful children are my rocks and I'm so very very lucky to have them!

I was having a particularly tough day on Friday and was basically telling my friend Carrie-Ann (who is a little gem) how down I was feeling and next thing by magic a little quote appeared on my Facebook page from her which really touched me and was so appropriate....

And here it is...my new motto in life from now on...

There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right and Pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING

Carrie Ann, Rachel, Claire A, Joanna, Nells, Kat, Edel and the rest of the posse thanks for always being there and for having spectacularly bendy ears when I need you....you are superstars and I love you all to bits and once I produce this babby we are definitely going to have a night out....FACT!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona,

    I hope you're not lumping me in with the drama queens. I promise not to mention my "PA" moments ever again.

    Please tell me you are okay now? I've been eating healthy meals all week but have just this minute had a quorn chicken burger, 4 bags of Doritos, 3 packets of Refreshers and a tin of Coke. It felt bloody fantastic too. You can do the same when baby comes.

    Stay strong,
    Sharon
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I am available on all days ending with Y...and am happy to do hair/make up for said night out! So when is it gonna be?! Come on Babby! Yer ma has a session to go on! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely not Sharon!! You are definitely not a drama queen and can talk 'PA' until your heart's content!! Life can be very tough and cruel sometimes but I suppose the bad times make you appreciate the good and the fantastic people who are there for you!!

    Rachel...you're on chicks!! Love you loads xxx

    ReplyDelete