Fiona Cassidy

Fiona Cassidy
Author, Mother, Thirty Something...

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Sending off a wish and a prayer...


My sister-in-law recently told me about a lovely tradition whereby the Chinese send off their wishes and dreams into the stars by way of a paper lantern which is lit and floats into the sky carrying with it your prayers for the future! We've lit a few in the past few months and I like to think of it as sending my troubles away which is very comforting (on second thoughts if you know how random and manic my life is you're probably wondering why a hot air balloon or 500 tonne space craft isn't the carrier of choice?!)

We lit the last one on New Year's Eve and hopefully all our aspirations and hopes for 2011 were successfully transported with it....here's hoping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment