Fiona Cassidy

Fiona Cassidy
Author, Mother, Thirty Something...

Friday 22 October 2010

And I'm Feeling Good...

Well folks,

I had a very interesting day today! I got a little glimpse of what it must be like to be Cheryl Cole or perhaps I should be comparing myself more to Dannii Minogue with her being post bump and me being pre bump! I got a phone call on Wednesday asking me if I'd be willing to go to the UTV studios in Belfast to be part of a selection panel for the 'Feel Good Factor' and with me being a strong advocate for 'feeling good' and positive thinking and the like I readily agreed in gleeful anticipation of how nice it would be to get back into the studios and become all starstruck (which I was when I recognised Jamie Delargey and Paul Clarke in the newsroom woohoo!) Not to mention the great craic I had drinking tea and eating chocolate muffins with Malachi Cush (presenter) and Sinead Doyle (producer) of the Seven Thirty Show doncha know! Of course as I was going to be in Belfast and in close proximity to 'the shops' and as I'm also all for 'retail therapy' (entirely for the purposes of achieving 'the feel good factor') that was another bonus!

On a more serious note (whilst remembering the image of one of the male judges pulling his trousers up around his ears in an effort to look like Simon Cowell) my role involved shortlisting finalists for UTV's 'Feel Good Factor' which invites nominations from the public for people who have made a difference to the lives of others! The winner of the Northern Ireland heat will go on to the glitzy star studded Pride of Britain awards in London where they wil be showcased along with others with similar attributes from around the UK! I assume that my invitation to this will be in the post (might be a good idea not to hold the breath as it would be bad for the baby but hey I can dream!)

I take my hat of to the people of the north and their willingness to help others from all ages, creeds, abilities and walks of life! What I saw today made me humble and proud to be Northern Irish! We may be a small province only boasting six counties but we sure know how to pull at the heartstrings with our selflessness and thought for others!

You can watch the four finalists and their stories on UTV Live all next week from Monday to Thursday and see the winner being announced on Friday!

"It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me and I'm feeeeeeeeeeeeling goooooooood."

No comments:

Post a Comment