Fiona Cassidy

Fiona Cassidy
Author, Mother, Thirty Something...

Friday 20 August 2010

Stranger than Fiction

When I write characters for my books I like to use my imagination to create people who have funny little idiosyncracies and behave in the most peculiar manner, after all life would be very boring if we were all the same?! Problem is, though, that in actual fact some people that you encounter in life are more vindictive, disturbed and poisonous than anything a creative mind could produce.

I am one of those people who believe in treating everyone the same and I don't change my moods with the wind either. We've all encountered those individuals who will speak to you one day and then ignore you the next and I have to say that it is a very bizarre way of conducting yourself!

When I write I can control what the characters in my books do and say and I can also arrange for them to have a comeuppance when they go too far and need a sharp shock to bring them back to reality and 'put manners on them' as we say in the north! Unfortunately in real life its not possible to exercise such artistic licence which is an awful pity as some people would benefit from a few lessons in that department!

People do fascinate me and I do confess to being an avid people watcher but have to admit that although I'm not easily shocked certain persons in life continue to amaze me with their blatant disregard for others and I can only hope that someone out there holding a giant pen will sort them all out one day!

As for me I'll continue to do what my Mammy always said was a good idea and treat everyone else the way I'd like to be treated....with decency, respect and manners!!

No comments:

Post a Comment